Insurance Plans Accepted for Nutrition Services
- In-network with all UHC plans that include nutrition benefits.
- Some plans cover as preventative care at 100%, some require a co-pay/co-insurance.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- In-network with all plans that include nutrition benefits, except for BlueHome.
- Most plans cover as preventative care at 100%, many plans offer unlimited visits.
- In-network with almost all Cigna plans (out of network with Cigna Connect- a specific plan only offered around Wake County).
- Most plans cover as preventative care at 100% for 3+ visits per year.
- In-network. Medicare covers diabetes & end stage renal disease.
- Certified Provider – Tricare Prime requires approved referral, all other Tricare plans likely to have just a small copay. Tricare for Life follows Medicare rules.
- In network with this group which includes many small insurance plans, some self insured employers and third party administrators.
Most health plans including Blue Cross of NC typically pay 100% of nutrition services. Prior to your first visit, we will discuss your insurance coverage. We are not in network with Medicaid.
If your insurance company is not listed here, it is considered out-of-network for nutrition services. You can schedule an appointment and payment will be required at time of service. Insurance will be filed for you and sometimes insurance will reimburse you for part of the cost of out-of-network nutrition services.